DAD'S SIDE:
Uncle Curt & Aunt Suzanne: I remember going to their wedding when I was probably about 10 years old (give or take a couple years). I also remember playing cards with them when we would go camping together. Curt taught me how to do the bridge when I shuffled cards. Suzanne was diagnosed with breast cancer and has bravely fought this battle. We always lived far from them so we didn't see them very often but we enjoyed visiting with them when we did see them.
Aunt Vicki & Uncle Chuck: Again, we didn't see them very often but I remember going to their ranch sometimes and riding horses and playing in the streams. Since I have had children, Vicki has been very kind to them and very interested in what they are doing.
MOM'S SIDE:
Uncle Wally: Uncle Wally is always good for a big hug and kind smile. He is kindhearted and so gentle and giving. I remember visiting him a lot when I was at BYU and would come to Cache Valley for the weekend. He is always concerned and interested in my life. He has such a special love for others that emanates from him.
Aunt Moe & Uncle Theron: Again, we didn't see each other very often but I remember getting to know them more when I was at BYU. Their daughter, Lisa, lived nearby when I was at college so she would invite me for dinner or other family functions. This gave me the opportunity to get to know them more. Theron works hard on the farm but he is a quiet man that will ask questions about you and listen intently to your responses. Moe loves to do crafty things. They are always welcoming to anyone that comes into their home.
Aunt Karen & Uncle Scott: Of all my aunts, Karen is the one I know the best. I remember her visiting us when we were younger kids. She is my mom's twin and they would try to trick us kids but we always knew who our mom was! She is like a second grandma to our children. Scott is a quiet man too but he also makes you feel very at ease and comfortable by being sincerely interested in your life. I admire them both for their strength and resilience in the trials they have encountered.
Uncle Craig & Aunt Sue: Uncle Craig is a tease. He is always smiling and you never quite know what he has up his sleeve. I remember one weekend when I was taking the bus from Provo to Ogden so I could visit my grandparents for Thanksgiving. They were going to pick me up in Ogden and bring me the rest of the way to Smithfield. Well, the bus was late and I ended up having to wait on the bus corner for quite a while until Craig came to my rescue. I was sure glad to see him but he sure gave me grief becasue I was in sandals (no socks), a T-shirt (no jacket), and jeans. I was so cold but unprepared because I didn't know the weather could get that bad. They still tease me about that!
Uncle Curt & Aunt Suzanne: I remember going to their wedding when I was probably about 10 years old (give or take a couple years). I also remember playing cards with them when we would go camping together. Curt taught me how to do the bridge when I shuffled cards. Suzanne was diagnosed with breast cancer and has bravely fought this battle. We always lived far from them so we didn't see them very often but we enjoyed visiting with them when we did see them.
Aunt Vicki & Uncle Chuck: Again, we didn't see them very often but I remember going to their ranch sometimes and riding horses and playing in the streams. Since I have had children, Vicki has been very kind to them and very interested in what they are doing.
MOM'S SIDE:
Uncle Wally: Uncle Wally is always good for a big hug and kind smile. He is kindhearted and so gentle and giving. I remember visiting him a lot when I was at BYU and would come to Cache Valley for the weekend. He is always concerned and interested in my life. He has such a special love for others that emanates from him.
Aunt Moe & Uncle Theron: Again, we didn't see each other very often but I remember getting to know them more when I was at BYU. Their daughter, Lisa, lived nearby when I was at college so she would invite me for dinner or other family functions. This gave me the opportunity to get to know them more. Theron works hard on the farm but he is a quiet man that will ask questions about you and listen intently to your responses. Moe loves to do crafty things. They are always welcoming to anyone that comes into their home.
Aunt Karen & Uncle Scott: Of all my aunts, Karen is the one I know the best. I remember her visiting us when we were younger kids. She is my mom's twin and they would try to trick us kids but we always knew who our mom was! She is like a second grandma to our children. Scott is a quiet man too but he also makes you feel very at ease and comfortable by being sincerely interested in your life. I admire them both for their strength and resilience in the trials they have encountered.
Uncle Craig & Aunt Sue: Uncle Craig is a tease. He is always smiling and you never quite know what he has up his sleeve. I remember one weekend when I was taking the bus from Provo to Ogden so I could visit my grandparents for Thanksgiving. They were going to pick me up in Ogden and bring me the rest of the way to Smithfield. Well, the bus was late and I ended up having to wait on the bus corner for quite a while until Craig came to my rescue. I was sure glad to see him but he sure gave me grief becasue I was in sandals (no socks), a T-shirt (no jacket), and jeans. I was so cold but unprepared because I didn't know the weather could get that bad. They still tease me about that!
2 comments:
It is fun reading what you remember about your aunts and uncles.
Mom
We are sure blessed to have aunts and uncles who care about what is goign on in our lives even though we don't get to see them much!
Post a Comment