Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How many brothers and sisters do you have? Describe them and tell a story about you and each of them.

Jen, Alanna, Eric, Kim, Brandon

Kim: Kim is a patient and calming influence in our family. She likes to make others happy and doesn't like contention. She served a mission for the church in Mississippi and I enjoyed writing to her while she was on her mission and I was in college. I learned many things from her. She enjoys music and cross stitching and is very good at these things. Kim is very gullible so it is easy to get her to fall for things but she also will call us on things when we are trying to trick someone else. The funny thing is she doesn't realize we are trying to trick someone until she has spoiled the trick! Then we all just laugh and say, "KIM!" I remember hearing her fall up the stairs as she would call out, "I'm OK!" She is very good at serving those around her and thinks of others first.

Alanna: She is the spunky and energetic one of our bunch. She is shy and quiet until you get to know her. She helps lighten the mood and brings laughter to the room. She is very determined. When she puts her mind to something she will accomplish it. She works hard and is disciplined in all aspects of her life. We spend many hours on the phone talking since we no longer live close to each other. She is very concerned with others and wants to do all she can to help whomever is in need. I love scrapbooking with her and getting in our infamous water fights. I admire her dedication to the gospel and to consistently improving her life. It is rare that a week goes by that we have not talked a few times. I look forward to the day when we will live closer again!

Brandon: Brandon is the baby of the family and so spoiled. He claims we made him that way and we probably did contribute to it! I remember sneaking dessert up to him when he didn't eat his dinner because I didn't think it was fair that he couldn't have dessert! I left for college when he was about 10 years old. It took a long time to realize he had grown up while I was gone. The summer before he left for his mission he came to live with Joel and I. I treasure that time we spent together. He was so good with our children even if he did feed Thomas Doritos, Mt. Dew, and Ho-Ho's for breakfast when Thomas was about 2 years old! He is a great brother and uncle to our children. He is talented in photography and is always willing to share his talents with those around him.

We are so blessed to be an eternal family. I am grateful to our parents for creating a firm foundation rooted in the Savior, Jesus Christ, for our family. I love them all and treasure the times we are able to be together.

2 comments:

garysharon said...

Good idea. You are better than me, keeping 2 blogs going. I have a hard enough time with one. It will be fun reading your answers. Mom

Anonymous said...

yeah! I am so excited that we are doing these now! It will be fun to read what we each have to say! Thanks for the sweet things you said! I too look forward to when we can live close to each other!

I'm the spunky one huh??? :) love it!