Monday, September 14, 2009

What are you frightened of?

I don't think there is much that I am frightened of. I find peace from my testimony of the plan of salvation and the counsel of prophets that if we are prepared we need not fear. Sometimes things worry me; however, I don't usually find myself becoming frightened of them. Some things that worry me are:

*The unknown...it is hard for me to handle situations when I do not know all the details surrounding circumstances and am not sure what the outcome will be. It is sometimes difficult for me to be at peace with knowing things will happen in the Lord's timeframe so I don't have to have all details at all times.

*Situations our children will be faced with. We try hard to help them develop a sure foundation rooted in the Savior. There is such evil in the world that is sometimes subtle. It worries me what they will be exposed to and if they will have the strength to withstand it.

I know I can have peace when I rely on the merits of the Atonement. This is often easy to forget as I try to handle it all on my own. I never find true peace until I humble myself and partake of the redeeming power of the Atonement.

1 comment:

garysharon said...

You used to be afraid of change. The gospel does help us to not be afraid of things we can't control. Our testimony are a strength for us in our every day lives. Thee are times and will be more times that we have to rely on faith to not be afraid.
Mom