I remember spending lots of time with my mom while I was growing up. Often, it was simple things and everyday places. I enjoyed going to the grocery store with her. Sometimes we would both go in and sometimes she would drop me off and let me run in to get what she needed. I enjoyed these times...even when she sent me in for hamburger and I spent forever trying to find hamburger and all I could find was ground beef, ground round, and ground chuck. I will never forget the look on her face when I came out and told her they didn't have any hamburger. She thought I was joking and then when she realized I was serious I think she was stunned that I didn't know what hamburger was!
I also remember going shopping to other stores with her. She used to tease us that we only wanted her to come along if she brought her wallet. This was the farthest thing from the truth. We always love to have her with us. I don't remember a lot of what we shopped for but I remember conversations we had while driving or while we walked around stores. I remember her picking me up from seminary my Senior year of High School. We had just moved to Washington and I was really having a hard time with the move. I enjoyed the hour between seminary and school starting. Mom would often pick me up and take me to get breakfast or to run an errand with her. It was a time I could talk if I felt like it or just appreciate the love she had for me and the understanding she had of the difficult time I was having.
Mom came to all my games and competitions growing up and there were a lot of them. I always appreciated her time and sacrifice to support me. I remember going with her to the church to help set up or get something ready for whatever calling she held. I always knew she had a testimony of the gospel and of serving diligently in whatever capacity she was asked to serve in. I remember going to church each week as a family and always sitting as a family. I am indeed grateful for this example of strength and testimony.
Since I have moved away from home and have a family of my own our time together is more limited. I long for the times we do share together. I enjoy the moments we have. Whether we are out shopping or just relaxing together while the kids are sleeping...I cherish the moments to learn from my mother.
I love my mother dearly. I love the time she always gives me and I have never doubted her unconditional love for me. She always found time for us in her busy schedule of life and I never felt like anything or anyone came before her family. I hope to emulate this and have our children feel the same.
I also remember going shopping to other stores with her. She used to tease us that we only wanted her to come along if she brought her wallet. This was the farthest thing from the truth. We always love to have her with us. I don't remember a lot of what we shopped for but I remember conversations we had while driving or while we walked around stores. I remember her picking me up from seminary my Senior year of High School. We had just moved to Washington and I was really having a hard time with the move. I enjoyed the hour between seminary and school starting. Mom would often pick me up and take me to get breakfast or to run an errand with her. It was a time I could talk if I felt like it or just appreciate the love she had for me and the understanding she had of the difficult time I was having.
Mom came to all my games and competitions growing up and there were a lot of them. I always appreciated her time and sacrifice to support me. I remember going with her to the church to help set up or get something ready for whatever calling she held. I always knew she had a testimony of the gospel and of serving diligently in whatever capacity she was asked to serve in. I remember going to church each week as a family and always sitting as a family. I am indeed grateful for this example of strength and testimony.
Since I have moved away from home and have a family of my own our time together is more limited. I long for the times we do share together. I enjoy the moments we have. Whether we are out shopping or just relaxing together while the kids are sleeping...I cherish the moments to learn from my mother.
I love my mother dearly. I love the time she always gives me and I have never doubted her unconditional love for me. She always found time for us in her busy schedule of life and I never felt like anything or anyone came before her family. I hope to emulate this and have our children feel the same.
2 comments:
We are so blessed with a GREAT mom! I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with the mom that we have! I remember the joke about wanting her to come only if she had her debit card! True that it's far from the truth but we had some good laughs! :) I still laugh about your story with the ground chuck! :)
I have always enjoued spending time with you kids. I do remember you not knowing what hamburger was. I was so sure you were teasing me. When I realized you weren't I remember being half way mad that I had to go back into the store to get it. But in the long run, it was worth it, having something to tease you about.
I miss not having any of you kids around to spend time with, to have you here to run to the store with etc. Love you MOM
Post a Comment